Sunday, September 7, 2008

MTV Video Music Awards 2008

Photobucket

Results for this joke of a show.

Best Female Video (wtf)
Britney Spears
"Piece of Me"

Best Male Video
Chris Brown
"With You"

Best Dancing In A Video (wtf)
Pussycat Dolls
"When I Grow Up"

Best Rock Video (wtf)
Linkin Park
"Shadow of the Day"

Best Hip-Hop Video (W.T.F.)
Lil Wayne
"Lollipop"

Best New Artist (I have no idea who this is)
Tokio Hotel
"Ready, Set, Go!"

Best Pop Video (...)
Britney Spears
"Piece of Me"

Video of the Year (WHAT THE...you get the idea)
Britney Spears
"Piece of Me"

---

I know I shouldn't be surprised by any of this yet somehow, I am. Even the 'theme' for this year was horrible (backlot at paramount studios). Most of the acts were just uninspired to say the least.

Even more surprising perhaps is that I did find some moments that I enjoyed watching, mainly Travis Barker and the brief clips we heard of the mixes he was drumming to. Tonights whole show should just have been Travis on drums. Despite the obvious lip syncing which one must expect from the Vma's, Christina Aguilera's number was enjoyable to listen to.

As of my typing right this second, I haven't seen the entire show, just up until Paramore's performance (whom I am no ashamed to say I love). So it is here I will rest my keyboard and I will come back to finish. So, here is a type of play by play as I take in the rest of the 2008 VMA's.


*watching new artist part.
all of these guys look like they belong in 4 different band. sad because I have to wait 33min for Kayne. hm, wonder if youtube has it yet.

*LL Cool J is...making music?
All the Kayne vma vids have already been taken off YouTube :(

*Paris Hilton is on stage.
Is this Ready Set Go singing band really this big?

*...
What a tease, 1 min of Lupe giving a better show than everyone else so far. From a much smaller stage with of course, Travis and that DJ...hopefully I will catch his name. How are the awards won anyway? Do people go online and vote and then it gets rigid? Or is it just Rigid from the start?

*Drake and Josh are on stage
Who are Drake and Josh? Hey look at that, Kid Rock is back. Ha, awesome, 'This is all real, no lip syncing'. Ok, given it's been 8 or so years since I last heard kid rock, but when did he turn southern rock/country-ish? Eh, still not my cup of tea. Le Gasp! Someone got Lil' Wayne in my Kid Rock! They do look like they are having tons of fun though.

*About to give you video of the year
ajkshdfk The Jonas Brothers even have a shot at this? My brain is about to expl...THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS. WHATSDLFSLKJLFHH. Also, Russel Brandt is insane.

*FINALLY KAYNE.
This song is killer so far. Yep, Kayne > Mtv.

All in all, I miss the year Sarah Silverman hosted it and just mocked it the whole time. 2008 Vma's, huge waste of time.

I think my readership is like 5 or 6 people who like the random mp3 I throw up, BUT, if you are so inclined, tell me some videos you think people should know about and I will post them for those 5 other people to look at.



Oh yay, a post show. Sigh.

2 comments:

Maccus said...

haha, yes! Love it Deca.

Anonymous said...

I must say that I too love Paramore. It's the high schooler in me, I guess.